Mediation is not about winning or losing. Mediation is about having an opportunity to find solutions that work for everyone.
- ♦ Agreements made in mediation come from the participants, not the mediator.
- ♦ You may choose to sign a written agreement which can be enforced as a contract.
- ♦ Mediation is risk free. If you do not reach an agreement, you can still have your case handled by the court or resolved in some other way.
- ♦ If you do not sign a written agreement in the mediation, and you decide to take your dispute to court, neither the mediator nor the participants can testify in court about what happened during the mediation.
- ♦ You can’t “lose” in mediation.
Divorce is a major life transition that has effects on every aspect of your life. However you do not have to be destroyed by divorce. Whether you are in basic agreement or not, the family law mediation process can assist you in reaching a settlement of your New Jersey divorce or custody case.
After divorce, you will both be starting a new phase of your life. Whether you have children or not, this new phase can begin with a collaborative way to reach agreement in your divorce case. The philosophy of mediation is in direct contrast to hard-ball litigation tactics used by many family lawyers. Family law mediation has been called a win-win process.
The family law mediation process allows you a forum for communicating with your spouse and solving the issues over which you disagree. As a neutral third party mediator, I assist you both in working out the details and reaching agreement in your divorce, cohabitation or modification family law case.
As your mediator, I work with you to generate and explore the available options and to get the information you need to make good decisions so that you can reach an agreement and keep ultimate control over your own future.
Family law mediation is the sensible and sane way to settle your divorce case at a reasonable cost.
Marc P. Feldman’s Divorce Mediation Center of New Jersey serves clients in Parsippany, Morristown, Morris Township, Morris Plains, Dover, Rockaway, Roxbury, ,Madison, Florham Park, Chester, Boonton, Chatham, Denville, Hanover, Florham Park, Kinnelon, Mendham, Mount Olive and all of Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Middlesex County, Morris County, Passaic County, Somerset County, and Union County, New Jersey.