Mediation is a voluntary, confidential process that assists parties in talking about their disagreements. With the help of a person who is trained and neutral (a “mediator”), you and the other party in mediation focus on the reasons for the disagreement, discuss what each party would like to see happen in order to resolve the disagreement, listen to each other, and if you and the other party agree, resolve the problem
A mediator can help you talk about issues, build relationships and find solutions that work. In mediation, you speak for yourself and make your own decisions. Mediators will not make decisions for you, provide any legal advice, or recommend the terms of an agreement. Mediation can help you protect your privacy. Unlike courtroom proceedings, which are open to the public, mediation is a confidential process.
Divorce Mediation Is A Better Way To Settle Your Divorce.
- ♦ Divorce Mediation gives both sides a chance to be heard equally when the deciding the outcome of their divorce.
- ♦ Divorce Mediation allows couples the freedom to settle based on their own idea of what is actually fair and equitable.
- ♦ Divorce Mediators help couples manage their conflict and disagreement and recognize the wisdom and mutual benefit of compromise.
- ♦ Divorce Mediators guide couples toward agreement and shared decisions that solve the problems they face as they disentangle their lives.
- ♦ Divorce Mediation results in better, lasting co-parenting relationships, healthier, happier children and fewer trips back to court.
- ♦ Divorce Mediation enables couples to feel proud about how they handled their divorce and sets a good example for their children.
Marc P. Feldman’s Divorce Mediation Center of New Jersey serves clients in Parsippany, Morristown, Morris Township, Morris Plains, Dover, Rockaway, Roxbury, ,Madison, Florham Park, Chester, Boonton, Chatham, Denville, Hanover, Florham Park, Kinnelon, Mendham, Mount Olive and all of Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Middlesex County, Morris County, Passaic County, Somerset County, and Union County, New Jersey.